A well-rounded intramural and recreational program provides opportunities for students at every level of skill to participate in athletic activities. Saint Anselm's intramural and recreation program offers activities that appeal to the entire student body.
Programs and activities change each year, depending on student interests and participation. All students must first register for a particular activity prior to beginning a program.
***TO REGISTER FOR INTRAMURALS, CLICK HERE***
Why Choose Intramurals?
- Looking for an easy-going environment to stay active, have fun, and meet new friends? Look no further than intramural sports! We offer a variety of different programming that will get you out of your dorm and competing with your fellow Anselmians, with great prizes going to the winners!
Looking For an On-Campus Job?
- Intramurals hire typically a staff of 12-15 people per year to help officiate games. Interested applicants can email Intramural Director Ian Burgess to set up a time to discuss potential job opportunities.
What Programming Do We Offer?
- Saint Anselm offers a wide variety of month-long intramural programming, including Flag Football and Co-Ed Volleyball in the fall season, Floor hockey and Co-Ed Indoor Soccer in the winter season, with Basketball and Co-Ed Wiffleball in the spring season.
- We also offer shorter tournaments, geared towards students unable to commit to month-long tournaments. These include Dodgeball, Cornhole, and Spikeball.
Are We Open to New Sports?
- Absolutely! During the year, we poll the student body to see what programs are wanted for the future. Suggestions are welcomed and can be emailed to Ian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Do Intramurals Take Place?
- The majority of intramural sports are played in the Carr Center. Flag football takes place outdoors at our natural grass rugby field, which allows players to wear cleats during competition.
Where Do Students Go to Sign Up for Intramurals?
- Saint Anselm intramural programs are run through IMLeagues.
How Are Students Able to Balance Classwork and Intramurals?
- Intramural teams typically compete from Sunday-Tuesday, with teams having two one-hour long games per week, which leaves the rest of the week for schoolwork and free time.
Need Sports Equipment For a Different Club Event?
- No problem! Reach out to Intramural Director Ian Burgess, and we will be happy to reserve recreation equipment to make your club’s event go from good to great.